What Will I Study in the Master's in Health Care Administration Program?
Trevecca’s Master of Science in Health Care Administration is designed for students already in the healthcare administration field looking for opportunities to advance their careers. It is designed with a focus on leadership and innovation specifically related to the healthcare management field. It assumes a certain level of understanding of the healthcare field to succeed.
The focus of the program is to equip leaders to find innovative solutions to the challenges faced by healthcare administrators, including profitability. Additionally, it focuses on the three pillars of healthcare: cost, access and quality.
- Principles of Leadership in Health Care
- Organizational Behavior and Change in Health Care
- Innovating Health Care Through Patient Engagement
- Financial Management and Budgeting for Health Care Organizations
- Operations Management in Health Care
- Value Based Management in Health Administration
- Innovative Models for Population Health Management
- Health Reform and Alternative Healthcare Delivery Solutions
- Technology Innovations in Health Care
- Healthcare Privacy and Information Security Management
- Special Topics in Health Care Leadership and Innovation
How Does the Cost of Trevecca's Master's in Health Care Administration Compare to Other Master's Degrees?
U.S. News and World Report offers the following on costs for master's programs in healthcare administration:
The cost for a master’s program in healthcare administration may range from $200 per credit hour to $1,500 per credit hour, depending on residency factors and other considerations. That puts the total costs ranging from $6,500 to $75,000.
Trevecca’s Master of Science in Health Care Administration costs $450 per credit hour and requires 33 credit hours. It can be completed in just 18 months, and the total cost of tuition would be $14,850.
What Do I Need to Apply to a Master's Program?
Acceptance into Trevecca's Master of Health Care Administration requires the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Cumulative 2.75 GPA on all prior coursework
- C or better on a college-level math class
- C or better on a college-level English class
How Does Going to School Online Work?
Online classes are a great way for busy adults to go to school without having to make huge sacrifices to your family, work and community responsibilities.